Statement from Coupa
Coupa sees a global community of companies and leaders, united to make every business dollar spent more effective, equitable and sustainable. For us, sustainability is about doing the right thing. We are taking carbon measurement seriously and are gathering detailed data from all vendors and our venue to collect data on energy, water usage, food and beverage, travel and shipping, waste and landfill, building materials and more. This event data will be incorporated into a leading carbon measurement tool for large events- TRACE by Isla to allow us to set baselines and publish our findings post-Inspire. You will see how we’re incorporating sustainability throughout your entire experience at Inspire EMEA. We know it is critical to work together to give back to society, open doors of opportunity to underrepresented communities and tackle climate change.
What you will experience:
Partnering with Linney to provide notebooks to attendees that are made from paper offcuts. For each notebook that we purchased, Linney donated a notebook to a primary school child in our local community.
Food functions will offer vegetarian, vegan, and locally sourced options.
Staffing, speaker, and vendor choices will take diversity and inclusion into our planning and contracting decisions.
Limited paper items and giveaways, as well as limited single use and plastic servingware.
- Surplus food is donated to Community Food Enterprise (CFE), who shares the food with local community projects throughout the London Borough of Newham.
- Expo booths and furniture pieces are reusable and built with sustainable materials.
- Attendee travel and onsite energy metrics are recorded and used to calculate the carbon footprint of Inspire. We will make the event carbon neutral by offsetting the emissions.
- We are proud to be partnering with Save the Children as our non-profit partner, which believes that every child deserves a future. Coupa will be supporting the Effects of Climate Change on Future Generations campaign, which focuses on environmental justice and supporting underserved communities.
ExCeL London's Sustainability Features
ExceL London's Sustainability Vision is to be a sustainability leader within their industry by shaping the future of events into one that is net zero, resource efficient and equitable.
- Certified carbon neutral in 2022 and the first UK venue to achieve this status.
- Uses 100% renewable energy.
- Sends zero waste to landfill.
- Houses one of the UK's largest wormeries, which recycles vegetable waste from the kitchens.
- Signed up to the Net Zero Carbon Events Pledge, committing to a 50% emissions reduction by 2030 and to become net zero by 2050.
- Learn more about ExCel London's sustainability initiatives here