Statement from Coupa
At Coupa, we are building a community of inspired employees, customers, suppliers, and partners who share our belief in the power of spend to drive positive impact for businesses, society, and the planet.
For us, sustainability is about doing the right thing. We are committed to drive meaningful change both through the progress within our company and with the advancements we are helping enable within our community.
What you can do:
As an attendee of Coupa Inspire EMEA, there are many things you can do to minimise your environmental footprint.
Please consider our best practice guidance for attending our event on 16-18 May at The Estrel, Berlin.
Offset Your Carbon –
Traveling from abroad? Please consider offsetting your air travel and using public transport services where possible. Offsetting should be obtained through reputable sources which have been independently verified or accredited, such as the Gold Standard.
From Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the best public transport options to The Estrel are:
- Take the S45 S-Bahn train from the airport (terminals 1-2) to Köllnische Heide station. The Estrel is then a 10-minute walk from the train station.
- Take the S9 S-Bahn train from the airport (terminals 1-2) to Treptower Park Station then change and take the S41 to Sonnenallee Station. The Estrel is then a 3-minute walk from the train station.
Reuse your water bottle –
At registration, all delegates will be provided with a sustainably sourced, reusable water bottle made from recycled ocean plastic. Please make use of our water refill stations around the event and avoid purchasing single-use plastic bottles of water.
Have your phone ready –
In our mission to reduce paper and printed materials onsite, Coupa Inspire EMEA will be digitising handouts and other giveaways. Please have your phone ready to scan QR codes for valuable content in a digital format.
Please minimise waste and recycle any items you no longer need. Coupa Inspire EMEA will have recycling bins situated throughout the event for your use.
Coupa Inspire EMEA will only be providing sustainably sourced swag onsite. Please only take what you need and consider donating any excess items in your local area after the event.
Opt-out of daily turnover service –
Please consider opting out of your hotel room daily turnover service. Please re-use linens and towels throughout your stay, requesting them to be changed only when necessary.
Conserve Energy –
If you need to use electricity, please consider using energy efficient devices and turn off any equipment / devices when not in use, especially items on charge in your hotel room whilst at the conference.
What you will experience:
Our venue, The Estrel, is also committed to sustainable practices in both the hotel and conference space during Coupa Inspire EMEA.
Water & Cleaning
- Climate neutral laundry service through a certified reforestation programme in Colombia
- Hotel guests may opt out of daily room cleaning and determine the frequency with which linens and towels are changed during their stay
- Faucets equipped with water-saving fittings
- Showers have water quantity regulators
- Water saving and energy efficient dishwashers in kitchens
- Use of biodegradable detergents and cleaners
- Convention Hall utilises a greywater system in the restrooms and waterless urinals in the men’s’ room
Food & Suppliers
- Efficient cook and chill process to prevent unnecessary food spoilage
- Greenhouse on hotel roof providing tomatoes, herbs and other vegetables – a flagship partnership project with SUNfarming
- Production of own bee honey for the breakfast buffet
- Reduction of food waste through the cooperation with ‘Good To Go’ – emphasis on quality and freshness
Energy & Heating
- Lowering temperatures in event rooms overnight
- Energy efficient light bulbs throughout the property
- Convention Hall energy generated by a photovoltaic system
- Use of energy saving multifunctional office devices
- New kitchens work exclusively with energy saving induction
- Investment in smaller heating units, larger units only required in winter
Mobility & Logistics
- The property’s location offers optimal access to public transport
- Purchase and use of low emission shuttle vehicles
- Rental bicycles are available for hotel guests, enabling an environmentally friendly discovery of Berlin
- Complimentary E-bike charging for hotel guests
- Complimentary charging station for electric cars
Coupa is committed to protecting the future of our planet and tackling climate change. This year for Inspire, we will calculate the emissions from attendee travel and event logistics and offset the carbon impact.
We are partnering with Anthesis to calculate the emissions from this event and are working with 3Degrees to purchase an equivalent amount of high-quality carbon offsets from projects that support the generation of renewable energy.
Beyond preventing the release of CO2, these projects help power communities with clean energy and support the creation of local jobs.